Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The snow keeps coming...

We have been getting snow since Friday morning and it just keeps coming.  William and I were in Fort Wayne to see my mother in the hospital on that Friday, but we ended staying longer. One my mom needing a little more TLC and the roads were so bad between Fort Wayne and South Bend.  The road finally cleaned up enough to come home Sunday morning.  

While Will and I hung with Mema, Papa RD, Papa Crossgrove, Felisa & Nicolas; Tim and Jack were playing in the snow.  They built a fort, went sleding and two ND games (hockey & basketball)  

The next snow storm came in last night and following that was lake snow which that always dumps a lot too.  It has been snowing for 12 hours now...how much snow?  I couldn't tell you, but I do know they are calling for another 4-6" tonight and our fire pit in the back yard is snow covered (no smore's for now).  We have high winds this afternoon which is causing drifting as well.  The one thing for sure is that the boys are having a blast playing in.  Here are some photos of them playing.

Will giving us a little wave!  
It is 18...I'm sure it is much colder! 

Jack digging out his fort he and Tim made this past weekend.


Will on the left is helping Jack dig it out.


The little stone edge you see in this photo is what is left from our fire pit.


Ice on my flower pots that I didn't get cleaned out this fall...
I was to sick to think about it.



1 comment:

The Stein Family said...

Well the roads need to get better soon because once I show Garrett these pictures he is going to want to come play at your house! Stay safe and warm! We love you and hope to see you again soon!
Felisa, Jake, Garrett, and lil' Nicolas